➢ Nonprofit Leader with proven track record of innovation, teambuilding, and results.
➢ Former Human Resources Executive with over 30 years of experience.
➢ Versatile, and adept at leading multiple projects while providing excellent client service and leadership for superb results.
➢ Strong process and collaboration skills utilized in the integration of strategies, goals and processes to achieve desired organizational goals.
BEYOND THE SANCTUARY, INC. (BTS) - Rochester, New York (2017 – present)
Founder/President & Executive Director
President & Executive Director role consists of providing leadership for the entire organization, run by over 70 volunteers. Programs and services include Food Pantry, Clothes Closet, Emergency Services, Rental Assistance, Drive to Success and Job Readiness Success. Interface with community leaders, drive program excellence, provide volunteer leadership, monitor and improve all aspects of the organization.
• Providing food, clothing, emergency services, and rental assistance to families in need.
• Recruited over 70 volunteers and counting.
• Established several new services and programs in response to COVID-19 including a food delivery service primarily for seniors and the disabled.
• Work in partnership with other local organizations to provide special assistance such conducting census drive and Covid screening and testing.
HARRIS CORPORATION - Rochester, New York (2011 – 2016)
VP, Human Resources – Communications Systems Division
Reporting to Division President, provided HR Leadership, as well as responsible for Health, Wellness and Facilities. Leadership role in acquisition and integration of new company, Excelis. Led successful effort to establish a new facility in Florida and brought on 100+ engineers.
• Conducted a total Engineering Organizational Assessment that led to new organizational structure and new leadership for 1000 engineers.
• Led a successful effort to establish a new facility in Florida and brought on 100+ engineers.
• Drove an empowerment initiative through all levels of the organization with full support of senior leadership.
• Created “Ignite” a new leadership development program that resulted in an increase of executive positions being filled internally versus external recruiting
with more diverse talent.
VERTIS COMMUNICATIONS - Baltimore, Maryland (2009 – 2011)
SVP, Human Resources
Reporting to CEO, ensured the human capital strategies and programs. Supported the operational objective of a diverse workforce covering 100 locations and 5,200 employees. With a focus on talent the efficiency and effectiveness of the HR Operations, implemented best practices that enabled the identification, selection, hiring, training, and retention of key talent.
• Created talent management process, “Talent Invigoration” that led to the identification of the company’s top 100 positions and drove retention strategies that maintained critical talent.
• Implemented a company-wide Wellness Initiative dramatically improved employee health, engagement, and morale while simultaneously tracking to save the company over $500K per year.
• Deployed a community action program, “Vertis in Action.”
• Spearheaded Vertis Communications’ entry into corporate philanthropy by initiating a partnership with United Way Baltimore and launching UW’s Corporate Contributions program, the first in Vertis’ history.
• BAUSCH & LOMB, INC. - Rochester, New York (1996 – 2009)
• VP, Human Resources – Global Operations (2001 – 2009) Lead a team of HR professional providing HR support for 7,000 employees in Manufacturing, Process Excellence and Engineering. Designed, executed, and led a joint venture that resulted in establishing a new company from existing resources. Through mentoring and coaching, led an HR management team that oversaw more than 20 plants located in 15 countries.
• Director, Corporate Compensation (1998 – 2001) Responsible for creating, implementing and monitoring corporate compensation policies, and procedures, practices and programs. Provided input to Board of Directors Committee on Management, proxy development and SEC 10K report. Responsibilities included Executive compensation, U.S. Salary planning, administration of corporate bonus program, stock incentive plan and performance management.
• Director Human Resources (1996 - 1998) Responsible for creating a flexible, entrepreneurial organizational culture. Accountable for developing, implementing, and coordinating HR policies and programs including compensation, employee relations, communication and training.
Currently pursuing certificate in Nonprofit Leadership
St. John Fisher College
Rochester, New York
Master of Business Administration
William E. Simon School of Business Administration
University of Rochester, Rochester, New York
Concentration: Organizations and Markets
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration,
University of Missouri, St. Louis, Missouri
Concentration: Management - Minor: Communications
Founder, Rochester Faith-Based Community Service Alliance
(Collaborative with churches & faith driven organizations)
Member, Homeless Services Network
Member, 360 Collaborative (Coalition of Community Service Providers)
Alumni Association of INROADS
National Black MBA Association, Inc.
Member, Society of Human Resources Manager
Board of Directors, Memorial Community Development Corporation, Board Secretary Board of Directors, Urban League of Rochester
Board of Directors, Urquhart Memorial Foundation
Vice President, AKOMA, Rochester African American Women’s Gospel Choir Member, Ebony Voices Book Club for over 30 years
Former Board of Directors, Monroe Community College Foundation Former Board of Directors & Past Board Chair, Garth Fagan Dance Former Board of Directors, Strong National Museum of Play
Women of Excellence (2019) by Rochester Business Journal
Women Worth Watching in U. S. Business list by Diversity Journal (2007) Bausch & Lomb Executive Development Program (2005)
Athena Award Finalist (2003 & 2001)
Bausch & Lomb Corporate Staff Impact Award (2000)
Bausch & Lomb’s President’s Award (1999).